Retrofitting Dwellings for Improved Energy Efficiency – based on BSI PAS 2035
7th December 2020BOOKINGS CLOSED
For each place booked on this course we will provide you with a 20% discount on the cost of attending the 1 day course ‘Understanding and Treatment of Damp in buildings – including a new methodology’ for the person attending the course or one person from the same organisation
Once you have booked your place on the Retrofitting Dwellings for Improved Energy Efficiency – based on BSI PAS 2035 course, you can then contact us to arrange the discount.
The programme for the one-day course is as follows:
- Introduction to energy efficiency, housing retrofit and ‘Each Home Counts’
- BSI PAS2035 - an introduction and commentary with roles and responsibilities
- Retrofit Coordination
- Retrofit Assessment
- Retrofit Design
- Retrofit Installation along with Monitoring and Evaluation
- Commentary and critique of PAS 2035 in achieving objectives
At the end of this course participants should understand:
- Housing retrofit – what it entails, and processes involved
- Prerequisites to retrofit and other means to make homes energy efficient
- The BSI Retrofit Standards Framework and interaction of the different standards
- PAS 2035 compared to other retrofit processes and standards
- PAS 2035, its content and use
- PAS 2035 process, the roles, and responsibilities
- What clients can do to ensure a successful outcome
- Limitations of PAS 2035
- Opportunities with PAS 2035
In addition, participants will also take part in Interactive question and answer sessions on issues concerning retrofitting homes and undertake exercises based on using PAS 2035.
See what others had to say about this course:
"John provided a very well-informed overview and gave our team a chance to actively participate in some of PAS 2035 activities. It was a day well spent providing the team with increased knowledge and confidence" Richard Lloyd, Director of Operations, First Choice Housing
Training will be delivered by one of the UK's leading experts in the retrofit and sustainable refurbishment, Professor John Edwards, MA, DipBldgCons, CEnv, FCIOB, FRICS, IHBC:
- Experience of sustainable refurbishment and energy efficiency retrofit spanning nearly forty years.
- Leadership - has led in the development of best practice in undertaking research and development of Standards and guidance. Chair of the Low Carbon Retrofit Initiative at the Construction Wales
- Innovation Centre (University of Wales Trinity David)
- Expertise - expert panel membership of BSI committees including PAS 2035, PAS 2030 and the Retrofit Standards Task Group
- Chartered Environmentalist - the highest achievement for professional Environmentalists.
- Certified in work to traditional and historic buildings - acknowledged as an expert by heritage bodies.
- Chartered Construction Manager - highest acknowledgment of expertise in planning and managing construction work.
- Chartered Building Surveyor - highest acknowledgment of expertise in assessing and analysing buildings.
- Professor of Practice - highest acknowledgment by academia of industry expertise and leadership.
- Qualified educator - qualified with expertise in the development and the delivery of training
The course will be of interest to anyone with an interest in the energy efficiency retrofit of homes and in particular those that will be involved in retrofit involving public finance. It is suitable for a range of practitioners which includes:
- Retrofit Designers/ Architects as an introduction to retrofit
- Retrofit Assessors /Surveyors as an introduction to retrofit
- Housing Technical Officers proving an overview of retrofit and PAS 2035
- Domestic Energy Assessors and advisors
- Project Managers / Retrofit Co-ordinators
- Conservation Officers
- Building Control Officers
- Site Managers who would like an overview of the complete process
- Estimators and construction planners who would like an overview of the complete process
- Installers of retrofit measures who would like an overview of the complete process
- Client Representatives who would like an overview of the complete process
This workshop has been run successfully as an in-house course and please enquire if it interests you. We can deliver it from 9.30 to 4 pm at your workplace and ideal numbers are up to 20 participants. It can be run anywhere within the UK.
Please contact us for further details firstname.lastname@example.org
Any requests for rescheduling or cancellation must be received by email and it is your responsibility to ensure that the Environment Study Centre has received your request. The Environment Study Centre will reply with a written acknowledgement within 2 working days.
Refunds will be made for any cancellations received but these must be in writing at least 14 days prior to the commencement of the event. Cancellations will be subject to a 25% administration charge. Refunds will not be made for cancellations received after this date. It will not be possible to refund exam fees that have already been paid to a third party.
Rescheduling is allowed on two occasions per individual booking (providing the course is available on further occasions, which is not guaranteed). Requests must be received by email at least two weeks prior to the event commencement date. If the rescheduled event is not taken up within 12 months of the date of the original event the entire fee will be forfeited.